Requirements for Representative Licence
The conditions for a representative licence are as follows:
- The applicant must be an individual;
- The applicant must satisfy the ECSRC that he/she has sufficient educational or other qualifications or experience - a first degree or training and experience in accounting, finance, investment, economics and securities market.
- The applicant must be a fit and proper person to undertake the required activities of the securities operations. In assessing whether the applicant is a fit and proper person the ECSRC looks at a number of factors including the following:
- Financial status;
- Reputation and character;
- Satisfactory completion of any prescribed examination required by the ECSRC.
- The applicant must provide proof that he/she is or will be accredited to a broker dealer or limited service broker firm.
- The ECSRC on approval of an application for a licence, shall grant a licence to the applicant on payment by the applicant of a licence fee of Five Hundred Eastern Caribbean Dollars (EC$500.00).
- Licences are to be renewed annually on 1 April. On application for renewal of a licence, the ECSRC, if satisfied that the applicant is a licensee of good standing, may grant the renewal on payment by the applicant of the annual renewal licence fee of Five Hundred Eastern Caribbean Dollars (EC$500.00).
Documents to be submitted
An individual wishing to apply for a representative licence must submit similar documents as that required for an Investor Advisor (Individual) licence, with the exception of the following:
- A duly completed (typewritten) application form for a representative licence (FORM 4)
- A non-refundable application fee of Two Hundred Eastern Caribbean Dollars (EC$200.00)
Please refer to the General Application Procedures for more information on how to apply.